Monday, April 26, 2010
Whiskey Sour A Go Go
- The juice of one good-sized smooth-skinned lemon (no seeds please). (Be careful, lemons that are rough skinned have a lot less juice. You might have to use more of this type of lemon.)
- 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 6 ounces of good bourbon or sour-mash whiskey (I prefer Jack Daniels ... but it was better when it was 90 proof)
- One raw egg white (please … if you use clean, Grade-A eggs, you needn’t get paranoid)
- (If you still can’t chance it, try the product called Frothee.)
Place ingredients in a (Warring) blender. Add ice cubes to about 4 inches from the top. Put top on tightly and blend until all the ice cubes are crushed to your desired degree.
Put a Maraschino cherry in a short cocktail glass (with a little of its red juice). For more drama, hang a slice of navel orange on the side of the glass. Fill with the blended whiskey sour.